Skip to content

Passport Info

Passport Information 

All students interested in study abroad should have a valid passport at the time of application.  If you are submitting an application and do not yet have a passport, please apply for one immediately.  If you already have a passport, please check the expiration date.  Students must have a passport that is valid 6 months beyond your program end date.  If your passport will expire before this, you must renew it before going abroad. 

For more information on applying for a new passport or renewing a passport, please visit the U.S. Department of State's website:


Non-US Passport Holders

You can still study abroad if you are a student at Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) but you are not a US citizen.  If you are applying to study abroad and you a citizen of another country, please let the Study Abroad Office know as your entry requirements into your study abroad country may be different or require more attention.

If you have dual citizenship with the US and another country and have valid passports for both countries, please let the Study Abroad Office know because it may be beneficial to travel with one passport over another.  For example if you have a US passport and a European passport and you are studying abroad in Europe, it may be beneficial to travel on your European passport because the entry requirements are not as strict.